Send an Art Gift to a loved one!
Order a surprising, immaterial art gift for someone dear to you! An art gift may be a performance by a classical or popular musician, poet, or dancer, delivered safely to your loved one’s front yard during the art gift weekend 7.-9.8.2020.
The reservation time has ended.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How does the Art Gift order work?
You can order an Art Gift for a loved one from the taidelahja.helsinkifestival.fi webpage. After placing your order, the Art Gift team will check the availability of the gift and confirm your reservation via SMS and email. In connection with your order, you will also receive a personal link to the Art Gift information page where you can always check the status of your Art Gift.
- I placed an order using the order page but did not receive an order confirmation. What do I do?
If you placed your order more than 24 hours ago and have not received a single SMS or email, contact us via email.
- To how many addresses can I order an Art Gift? / How many Art Gifts can I order?
Since the number of Art Gifts is limited, each person may only order a Gift for one loved one. Helsinki Fest also offers plenty of other programmes to enjoy on 20–23 August. See the full Helsinki Fest programme here.
- How many Art Gifts are available?
There are a total of about 300 Art Gifts.
- Can I order an Art Gift to an address outside of the Helsinki region?
The Art Gifts can only be ordered within Helsinki, but they will be spread out all over the city!
- How do I recognise an Art Gift artist? / How does the artist find the right place?
We will forward your contact information to the artist and they will arrive at the address you have provided at the time specified. You can provide additional information related to the meeting place during the order process. The artist will call you before the Art Gift moment begins. Please note that the phone call may come from an unlisted number.
- Do I need to contact the artist separately?
You do not need to contact the artist. The artist will arrive on location based on the information you have provided in the order form.
- Do I need to be present for the Art Gift moment?
Yes, please remember to meet the artist before the Art Gift moment.
- How will the person for whom I wish to order the Art Gift find out about the gift moment?
When ordering an Art Gift, you commit to being present at the Art Gift moment. Please ensure that your loved one will also be present on the event location before the artist arrives.
ART GIFT EVENT LOCATION AND TIME
- Where and when is the Art Gift performed?
The Art Gift is performed at the address you have provided in the order form at the time specified.
- What would be a good event location for an Art Gift?
We recommend the recipient’s yard as the Art Gift’s location.
- Can the artist be asked to perform the Gift inside the house?
As a rule, an Art Gift is not delivered inside the recipient’s home because it is difficult to maintain safe distances indoors.
- How much time should I reserve for an Art Gift?
The duration of an Art Gift is about 5–10 minutes from the specified time.
- If it rains, how is an Art Gift performed?
In case of bad weather, it is possible to negotiate with the artist about an alternative performance venue – for example, a nearby bus stop or yard shelter may do the trick!
- My friend works weekends. Can I order an Art Gift to be performed at their workplace?
An Art Gift can also be ordered to be performed at a workplace. We recommend the Gift be performed in a yard or other open space where it is possible to maintain safe distances. Please provide more information about the event location in the Art Gift order form.
- Can I order an Art Gift to an assisted living facility for my mother who suffers from a memory disorder?
An Art Gift can be ordered to an assisted living facility, but the staff should be notified in advance. We recommend the Gift be performed in a yard or other open space where it is possible to maintain safe distances.
- Can I order an Art Gift to our culture club meeting, so that the entire six-person group could enjoy it?
Art Gifts are intimate performances from the gift giver to the recipient. We discourage gatherings for the Art Gift moment.
- Can all persons living in the same household (for example, the entire family) come out to enjoy an Art Gift?
Art Gifts are intimate performances from the gift giver to the recipient. People living in the same household can, however, be present at their discretion as long as safe distances are maintained.
ART GIFT CONTENT
- Do I get to know the Art Gift content and artist beforehand? Can I make a request concerning the content of the Art Gift?
The performer and content of an Art Gift are not revealed in advance. As a rule, the Gifts are about 5-minute-long solo performances by Finnish professional artists.
- Do the Art Gifts have an age limit?
Art Gifts are suitable for all ages.
RECORDING AN ART GIFT
- Can I film or photograph the performance and share it on social media?
You can, and we encourage it. Use the hashtags #juhlaviikonloppu, #helsinkifest and #taidelahja to make it easy for us to find your memories!
- Can I and the recipient be photographed during an Art Gift?
If you have given your permission for photographing during the ordering process, a photographer may arrive on behalf of the Art Gift production team. The photographs will be used in Helsinki Fest communications. We will try to contact the person who ordered the Gift before any potential photographing.
CHANGES TO AND CANCELLATION OF AN ART GIFT
- What do I do if I am forced to cancel my Art Gift order? / Can I cancel an already reserved/confirmed Art Gift?
You can cancel both a reserved and an already confirmed Art Gift through the information page. Please note that the cancellation must be done by 4 p.m. on 6 August.
- Oops! I filled in incorrect contact information, what do I do?
The order page only accepts valid Finnish phone numbers and addresses in Helsinki. If you accidentally filled in incorrect contact information, please contact us as soon as possible via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will answer within 24 hours.
- Can I change the time of an Art Gift?
The time of a confirmed Art Gift cannot be changed. If you wish to cancel an Art Gift, do it on the Art Gift information page by 4 p.m. on 6 August.
- Can an Art Gift be delayed/cancelled for reasons I cannot influence?
The Art Gift artist will contact you by phone if the Gift is delayed or faces an insurmountable obstacle. Please note that the phone call may come from an unlisted number. Your Art Gift order may be refused by the production team if the order is incomplete or inappropriate.
ART GIFT SAFETY
- How is pandemic safety taken into consideration?
Art Gifts are intimate performances from the gift giver to the recipient. We discourage gatherings for the Art Gift moment. The artist is obliged to maintain safe distances during the Art Gift moment – please do not make close contact with the artist (for example, handshakes or hugs)!
- How is general safety taken into consideration?
The production has provided the artists with instructions on handling different situations, and the artist has the right to withdraw from the performance if they feel the situation is not safe.
Did you not find an answer? Contact us at email@example.com